Sunday, November 8, 2015

Survey

Survey
1-Why did you choose this teaching course of studies?
2- How old were you when you started learning English? In which context did you study?
3- Which methodology was used? Describe it in detail.
4- What do you expect from this subject?
1-    I have chosen this course of studies because I like languages very much and, actually, I am pretty good at learning them. I am studying to become an English teacher and I have studied French for six years; so I think that more or less I know what is like learning a foreign language. I believe that it is part of the identity of that culture. That is why learning is like getting into that culture from which you can learn a lot. But anyway, it was not what I really wanted to do with my life. I finally decided to study this because I did not want to leave home. It was not until practice I that I realized I would really enjoy teaching. Being in front of the class gives you the opportunity to see how you have the power to make a significant change in someone else’s life. Teaching gives you that possibility every class.

2-    I was ten (or maybe nine) years old when I started learning English at an institute.

3-    To be honest, I do not remember exactly which methodology was used. But I remember using textbooks that have a grammatical approach and lots of vocabulary corners; we used to listen to songs that were very catchy  that taught us for example the colours or the alphabet; reading very short stories and learning vocabulary from repetition.

4-    I expect from this subject to learn how to teach young learners; how to help them; how to understand them; and how to prepare a class for them. I know it is going to be hard work all year long but I think I will enjoy it a lot because I love kids and I believe I can learn many things from them; specially the abilities that we need to have or to take into account when teaching English to someone that is facing it from the first time.

Naomi GarcĂ­a Lasierra




No comments:

Post a Comment