Sunday, November 8, 2015

Our puppet play



THE LION AND THE MOUSE
One day, a Lion lay asleep in the jungle. He was tired from hunting all morning; and he was taking a nap with his great head resting on his paws.
-ZZZZZZ (the lion snores)
-I have to be very careful; I don’t want to wake him up. (tip-toes)
 A timid little Mouse came silently upon him, and in her fright and desperation to get away, ran around the Lion to go back to her home. Woken up from his nap, the Lion laid his huge paw angrily on the tiny creature to catch her.
-   What are you doing here? Don’t you see I’m trying to rest? (he grabs her)
-   Please Lion! Let me go! Please children tell the Lion to let me go!
-   Shall I let this Mouse go away, children? What do you think? Yes or no? Is she a good mouse? (to the children)
-   Please Lion! Let me go and someday I will surely repay you.
The Lion thought that a little Mouse could never help him. But he was generous and finally let the Mouse go.
-   Ok children, you’re right. I will let her go. Come on mouse, go away and let me keep on sleeping.
-   Thank you children! And thank you Lion!
The mouse went back to her home and the Lion continued sleeping.
Some days later, the Lion was looking for something to eat in the jungle.
-   Oh! I’m so hungry. What shall I eat children? A deer? A zebra? A wild pig, perhaps?
But suddenly, the Lion was caught in a hunter's net.
-Oh! What is this!? Help! I’m trapped in a net! Help!!! Children shout with me for help! HELP!! (he roars)
 The Lion tried to free himself, but he couldn’t do it; so he started roaring for help again.
-   Help!! Somebody help me! The hunters will take me away! Help, please!
As the mouse had big ears, she heard some shouts coming from far away.
-   What are those shouts? Is somebody in danger? Is it the Lion, children? I’ll go and see what is happening.
The Mouse recognized the voice and quickly found the Lion trying to escape from the net.
The Mouse ran towards the Lion but he was not sure whether to help him or not.
-   What do you think children? Shall I help him or not? Was he a good Lion to me? Mmm, I don’t know.
Then she remembered what the Lion had done for her before.
-   OK, I’ll go and help him! He deserves it.
-   Oh Mouse! Forget what I said to you before and please help me get off from here!
-   I’ll do my best to help you Lion, don’t worry, you’ll get free.
-   Please hurry up! The hunters must be coming!
So she started gnawing the ropes with her sharp little teeth until they were parted and soon the Lion was free again. (they hug)
-   Oh thank you so much little Mouse!
-   You’re welcome. See Lion? You laughed when I said I would repay you. Now you see that even a little Mouse like me can help a huge Lion like you.
-   Yes my friend, you were right. From now on I’ll be there for you.
That day, the Lion learned a lesson: good actions are always rewarded.

LOGO 2015 oficial
PRACTICE II, DIDACTICS OF ELT AND PRACTICUM AT PRIMARY SCHOOL LEVEL. Prof. Adjunto Regular Estela N. Braun, auxiliar docente Prof. Liliana Monserrat.
GROUP MEMBERS:    - Olivares, Belén – Hartfiel, Mariano Félix – García Lasierra, Naomi
1.      PRACTICAL SEVEN: PUPPETS.
2.      LESSON PLAN:
·         TOPIC for the unit: A fable used to teach the values of friendship and solidarity.
·         OBJECTIVES (In terms of what you expect the students to be able to do as a result of the play):
During the play we expect children:
·      To participate orally, children should use phrases or some random words in English to react to the puppets’ prompts.
·      To learn values such as being cooperative and not bullying others.
·      To learn/ integrate vocabulary and to get familiar with the past tense.
·      To learn while having fun.
·      To focus on meaning while trying to understand what is happening.
·      To improve their fluency.
·      To motivate them to participate and use the puppets after the play.
·      To begin to learn how conversation works in English and how dialogues are constructed. 
·         CONTENTS. Main linguistic aspects. Vocabulary, structures, functions, phonological concepts:
·      Vocabulary: some wild animals and their parts of the body. Adjectives.
·      Past tense.
·      Dialogues.
·      Past tense final endings (phonological concepts).

·         VALUES promoted: to be co-operative, to help others, to be nice/to respect others, to trust on others, not to be arrogant.
·         ACTIVITIES. Before, during and after performing the play.
1-      WARM UP:
Children will match pictures to words so that they become familiar with new vocabulary found in the play.
Pay attention at the words on the blackboard. Do you know what they mean? Practice how to say them with us. (rest, gnaw, paws, head, huge, tired, asleep, woken up, tiny, timid, repay, generous, jungle, deer, zebra, lion, mouse, wild pig, hungry, trapped, caught, big, ears, roar, shout, net, sure, help, free, deserve, sharp, teeth, lesson, rewarded)
2-      Now, pay attention to the play, and enjoy it!
3-      AFTER THE PLAY: COMPREHENSION
4-      Complete  the sentences with words from the box:  
Zebras – jungle – lesson – paws – hungry – shout – mouse – free-
 
 




-   Are __________ white with black stripes or black with white stripes?
-   The dog has a pain in his________ .
-   I’m ________. Let’s see what’s in the fridge.
-  The ______ that lives in my bedroom wall loves cheese.
-  There are a lot of animals in the __________.
-  Do not ________! My mum is sleeping.
-  You don’t have to pay for these oranges. They are for _________.
-  My teacher taught a wonderful __________ about nouns yesterday.

5-      Number the images chronologically.

6-      More fun! Color the image of the Lion and the Mouse J















No comments:

Post a Comment